Monday, November 5, 2012

Overcoming "Finding the Time"

At this point in anyone who is reading this knows me personally and probably knows I'm an architecture student. Now anyone who knows about being an architecture student knows that it's a major that is MAJORLY time consuming. For an architecture student to find free time is tough, so why do I feel like blogging about this?

Simple, because it's something we all deal with. Unfortunately, everyone here has the same 24 hours available to them in a day and it can become easy for everyone one of us to make excuses. One of the reasons I started this blog is that even if no one reads it I will, and it's one way to follow my own advice.

I have so many ideas and so many things I want to do; and I've had this mindset and ambition for a few years now. I'm sorry to say I've let myself down for the past few years, I should have tried better. I was one of those people who made excuses. So over the summer I spent a lot of time thinking how I could get started doing what I want. So I made a list and organized it and starting a 3 tier website was what I thought I could start with. That was step one, getting it all on paper. I spent the summer teaching myself basic coding and when I can I've been slowing building the first of the 3 parts of my website (the blog). But it's harder than I thought but I didn't give up. I was getting impatient so I figured a way to start promoting Paved By Success while I continue working on it. That's why I have a blog here on Blogger.

The truth is that finding the time is probably one of the biggest reasons why I haven't done any of the things I've wanted to so far. Sometimes I stop and think where I could have been if I worked harder those years ago.

Image where you could have been if you worked at it before? And it doesn't have to be "finding the time" for you, maybe it's something else. It doesn't matter and should not stop you from doing what you really like. I'm using this blog to share my experience and to constantly remind myself to keep pushing forward no matter where I am. I'm still struggling to find time for all the things I'm working on, but I want it bad enough so I don't plan on me being an architecture student or anything else stop me. I hope you don't either.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting article, Edgar! Its weird how one of the things that come equally and free for all of us (time) is the one we mostly carve for the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's true, we all have the same 24 hours, it's just how we use them that matters. Time management is so important.

      Delete
  2. Well said Edgar, I know exactly what you mean and it is hard to get out of the wasting time magnet that pulls you. Your words have been a great reflection to help others realize a point to break from and keep working hard to look back and be proud of.

    ReplyDelete