Sunday, November 18, 2012

Interview: Paul Straun

I recently thought of doing weekly interviews with some young people who have been working real hard to achieve a their goals, click here for a reminder. So I put the word out to a few friends I know and I'm happy to say that today is the first of hopefully many interviews to come.

Just a quick intro:
I met Paul Straun working at Finishline and I have to admit, he's an extremely unique individual trying to make it in the tough world of music. At such a young age he has a work ethic that knows no bounds and really needs to be admired. He's a great guy, always smiling and enjoying life, and ALWAYS working his ass off. So I was extremely honored when he agreed to take the time out and answer a few questions for me.


Tell us a little about Paul Straun and your musical style?
Recently on the 6th of November I turned 21 so I have to be thankful for that. 5 years ago the last thing that I thought I was going to be doing with my life was chasing my dream to become a successful indie artist. My music style is based off of my life experiences and relationships. Sometimes I mix my real life situations with dreams I've had or with goals I plan to accomplish in the future.

What does music do for you? How long have you been into music?
Music allows me to express myself entirely, it's a drug I'm addicted to. I've been into music my whole life but I didn't become seriously involved until I went to High School in 2005 and joined the choir. 

How far do you plan on taking this?
I really didn't plan on taking things with my music far because I was already aware of the amount of people trying to chase the same dream and the actual likelihood of not becoming successful. I had to keep those things in mind, my parents are very old fashioned and its not that they didn't think I would become successful with my music they just wanted me to understand that I needed a fall back plan just in case it didn't work out for me.

What motivates you to keep going?
Everyday I'm motivated by positivity and my dreams. By putting positive energy into the world it's what you'll get in return. There's also a quote I read somewhere that says "Dreams are the road maps to success" I solely believe in these terms and I encourage any and everyone to use them. Life is meant to be enjoyed and you only have one to live.

Take us through your mindset when you're writing or in the booth?
Every time I get behind the microphone in the booth all the pain and pleasure from my past years makes its way back into my mind. I cut and paste real situations that I've been through or seen in my average day of life and put it in the song. We all know that life has its ups and downs and I feel that not enough artist talk about the things average people go through everyday.

How do you market yourself? and where can we find you?
I market myself using the internet, you can find me by simply googling Paul Straun. 

What have you learned from all of this so far?
I have learned that you have to be humble to all but at the same time keep a tight circle of the people you trust. As you see progression within your career those that aren't seeing the same chasing the same dream usually become jealous.

What else are you into?
I'm into getting Tattoos, not being sober, loving life, meeting good people, working with good people, video games and clothes. 

And finally, what would you say to young individuals who are trying to make it somewhere in life? and What do you say to any haters out there?
Chase your dreams and live the life that you want to live. You are your own person and the faith of your future is in your hands.Understand that what you put in you get out and to always stay positive and focused and you are guaranteed to see some type of success.
As for the haters thank you for the support!


These few questions barely scratch the surface of this talented and motivated young man. I'd encourage everyone to Google Paul Straun to learn more about him also check out his YouTube Channel by clicking on this link.

Lastly a huge thank you to Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment